In countries like Mexico, moms like to prepare homecooked meals for their children and don’t like the idea of their kids eating canned food. However, things just don’t go as planned always, and the recent experience of an unfortunate Mexican mother confirms it.
She got a text which said that her children are on the way to the hospital. She immediately froze and panicked – what happened? Everything was great a couple of hours before! She called her husband and they rushed to the hospital. Doctors told them that the children are in bad condition – they couldn’t control their fever which was probably caused by a bacterium known as salmonella. This type of bacterium is present in many foods, and was now destroying the children’s organs! Josefina was shocked – she couldn’t believe what was happening. She fainted and needed to be sedated, while her husband was praying to God for his family.
After some tests, the doctors concluded that the bacterium was in the breakfast Josefina prepared that morning. After talking to the doctors, they discovered that Josefina used her phone during the serving, which was probably the culprit. Our phones are coated in thousands of bacteria which can end up on our food and have fatal consequences!
This broke her soul – seeing your own children in such a bad condition is something no parent should experience. She was sitting near their bed and begging for forgiveness over and over again. At that moment, Maria’s hand opened and Josefina heard the flatline sound on the machine. Not a minute after, Agustin died as well. Josefina was crying and reaching out for her children, but they were gone. The doctors did anything they could, but they couldn’t save the children.
Now, Josefina is using her experience to warn everyone in the world – never use the phone while you’re preparing food. This can lead to infections that may have fatal consequences, as she learned not a long time ago.