A new study has discovered that the extract of pomegranate is very helpful in cases of cardiovascular diseases, for it prevents the thickening of the arteries due to fat accumulation, also known as atherosclerosis.
It seems that pomegranate offers excellent benefits for our health, as it also regulates high blood pressure and reduces inflammation. Moreover, this fruit increases the blood flow in the cardiovascular system, and that is the reason why its consumption prevents heart attacks and heart diseases.
Pomegranate is rich in powerful components for our health, and therefore it provides many benefits. Some of them are the following:
- Pomegranate lowers the body fat especially the most dangerous type of fat- visceral fat.
- Rich in antioxidants and that is why it prevents heart diseases.
- Decreases bad LDL cholesterol levels.
- Reduces plaque deposits in the arteries and prevents blood clots.
- Regular consumption of pomegranate prevents breast cancer, lymphoma, prostate cancer, and diabetes.
- Pomegranate is rich in vitamin C which helps in the fight against infections.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which can help in defeating inflammations.
- Pomegranate is a beneficial for your teeth as well.
- Pomegranate improves liver function.
- Pomegranate protects DNA.
- It protects the newborns. A study has shown that drinking pomegranate juice during pregnancy helps in protecting the baby’s brain.
Raw pomegranates are the best alternative, but you can also consume them in your salads or as a part of your desserts.
When purchasing your pomegranates, always pick the ones rich in color, without spots and cuts. The best ones are those large, smooth and firm.
Pomegranates should be kept on dry and cool places, and they will be eatable for a month. If kept in the fridge, they can last up to 2 months.