Acne are a very common issue especially among teenagers and as much as 75% of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 struggle with acne at some point in life. But it’s not just teenagers that have problems with this issue, some people can experience acne well into their 30ties and 40ties. When your pores and hair follicles become clogged with oil (sebum), dead skin cells, and dirt acne appear. And even though there are various reasons why they happen the following 5 factors contribute the most:
- Male sex hormones – Androgens such as testosterone are one of the known causes of acne. When children enter puberty, their androgen levels typically rise.
- Oil production – As a result of this increase in androgen, oil glands grow resulting in greater sebum levels.
- Dead skin cells – Dead skin cells, when left in the skin are major in the formation of clogged pores.
- Clogged Pores – Clogged pores form a hospitable environment for bacteria.
- Bacteria – When clogged, the pores tend to get infected with bacteria resulting in a red swollen bump: a pimple.
Pimples usually appear on the face, neck, back, shoulders, and chest and are filled with pus and feel painful to the touch.
These are the most common types of pimples:
- Whiteheads – Pimples that form in clogged pores and remain under the skin
- Blackheads – Pimples that form in clogged pores and appear on the surface as black spots
- Cysts – Painful pus-filled lumps that appear on the surface of the skin.
- Nodules – Painful lumps that occur deep in the skin and appear as large pimples on the surface of the skin.
Whatever type of pimples or acne you suffer from the following mask will help you eliminate them all.
All-natural Cinnamon Mask for Acne
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
Mix all the ingredients together to form a homogenous mixture. Apply the mixture on your face but make sure it doesn’t get into your eyes or mouth. Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse it with warm water. Pat it dry and apply facial lotion.
If you have a vascular disease such as rosacea or telangiectasia, avoid using honey in this mask as honey can shrink blood vessels.