Many people use virgin coconut oil for health care and beauty regimens like hair conditioning, skin moisturizing, baking cookies, wiping off make-up, applying it like a lip balm, etc. This oil provides many health benefits internally and externally.
The oil can be used for:
- Easing digestion;
- Fighting cancer;
- Improving memory;
- Reducing inflammation;
- Curing UTIs;
- Boosting immune system;
- Protecting the liver;
- Eliminating kidney infections.
You can make the oil even more useful through infusing it with the medicinal properties of marijuana. This combo creates a symphony better than chocolate and peanut butter. The coconut oil is high in natural saturated fats which increase the good cholesterol in the body and convert the bad one into good cholesterol. This is a key ingredient towards a healthy heart. The THC (tetrahydrocannabinol and the CBD (cannabidol) in marijuana give marijuana its healing properties which are fat soluble. While the high concentration of fatty acids present in the coconut oil create a perfect adhesive for the cannabinoids which bond with the fatty molecules.
How the two oils help?
The combination of these two oils is much potent than other oils, butters, and margarines, highlighting the medicinal properties of the flower. One can use cannabis to treat many types of illnesses, depending on the strain, however, you will need to know how to choose the right one.
The strains which are heavy in THC are the best for treating:
- Sleep disorders;
- Lack of appetite and eating disorders;
- Neurodegenerative disorders;
The marijuana strain makes a difference
The sativa family flowers include high amounts of CBD:THC ratio, thus providing an energizing effect which stimulates the mind and promotes optimism.
The high CBD content can help in treating:
- Appetite loss;
While, those plants in the indica family have a high THC:CBD ratio, thus the high content of THC provides the strains with a sedative effect, helping sleep disorders and anxiety.
Lots of other hybrid plants exist which fall on a spectrum of traits from both of the plant families.
Decarb the marijuana before you make the oil
This is a very simple process. Thus, you have to follow these steps when you use marijuana for recipes or cooking:
- Preheat the oven at 115oC / 240oC;
- Break up the flowers of cannabis along with the buds into smaller pieces with the hands. One ounce will be enough, but you can use more or less;
- Take a rimmed baking sheet and put the pieces in one layer, making sure the pan is the correct size, so that there is no empty space on it;
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes occasionally stirring every 10 minutes so that it can toast evenly;
- When it becomes darker in color, a light to medium brown, and has dried out, remove the baking sheet, letting the cannabis cool off. When handled, it should be quite crumbly;
- Pulse the cannabis until it is coarsely ground in a food processor. Do not make a superfine powder. Take an airtight container and store it in it, using it as needed to make extractions.
How to make cannabis coconut oil?
Place 1gr of decarboxylate marijuana for each ounce of virgin coconut oil. Place the crushed marijuana in a glass jar and add the coconut oil. Put a lid on the jar, seal it well, and put it in a pan with water. Heat the water slowly and keep it on a below boiling level of 60 minutes. The oil will be kept safe from overheating. Then, strain the mixture in order to remove any solid elements, making sure to squeeze the juice from the cannabis. You may also use a cheesecloth in order to strain it properly. You can eat the oil like that, use it in other foods, or apply it as a lotion. You can cook with this oil, but on a temperature lower than 315oF. This is the point of temperature of boiling on the active marijuana compound. Once higher temperatures are used, the effects will be gone.
Watch the video and do not forget to share it with your friends and family.