Our skin may be the largest organ in our bodies, but it’s also the last place to receive nutrients. So, if your skin is supple and looks all dewy and glowing, it generally means that your insides are in pretty good shape. Dry skin can be remedied in a myriad of ways but for a more holistic approach, take a minute to consider what you are eating and drinking.
Here are the best Hydrating Foods that help you to stay hydrated :
- CUCUMBER – The flesh of cucumbers is primarily composed of water but also contains vitamin C and caffeic acid, both of which help soothe skin irritations and reduce swelling—which is why cucumbers are often used to help swollen eyes and sunburn.
- MIXED GREENS SALAD – Most lettuce greens contain 94 percent water, making it a low-energy density food. In other words, you’ll feel fuller on fewer calories and lose weight faster.
- EGGPLANTS – Eggplants have all the qualities of an excellent weight-loss food: They’re high in fiber and water but low in calories. Just avoid recipes that involve frying. Eggplant’s spongy texture means it will absorb a lot of oil and as a result, negate the calorie
- PEAR – Beyond their sweet, refreshing taste, one medium pear contains 6 grams of dietary fiber, or 24 percent of the daily recommended value. Plus, the type of fiber found in pears (soluble fiber) helps you feel full for a longer period of time, which means it can help you lose weight.
- CARROTS – Carrots contain about 87 percent water and more of the powerful antioxidant beta-carotene than any other vegetable or fruit. Studies have found that compounds in carrots help protect again skin, lung and oral cavity cancers.