In order to save some money and reduce the electricity bills, we do things like replacing the old standard light bulbs with environmentally-friendly bulbs (the new generation energy saving bulbs).
But according to studies and researches the new generation of bulbs are so harmful and toxic that U.S. Environmental Protection Agency created an emergency protocol you need to follow in the event of a bulb breakage, due to the poison gas that is released.
Be careful not to break indoor light bulb like this, because they release 20 times the maximum acceptable mercury concentration into air.
Energy Efficient Light Bulbs Can Cause:
Inability to concentrate
Energy Efficient Bulbs Cause Anxiety, Migraines, and Even Cancer. Reasons to Go Back To Incandescent Bulbs
- Energy saving bulbs contains mercury. Mercury is a potent neurotoxin that is especially dangerous to children and pregnant women. It is especially toxic to the brain, the nervous system, the liver and the kidneys. It can also damage the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive systems. It can lead to tremors, anxiety, insomnia, memory loss, headaches, cancer and Alzheimer’s.
- Energy saving bulb can cause a cancer. The conducted researches showed that this bulb contains carcinogens in its content that cause cancer.
- Phenol, a mildly acidic toxic white crystalline solid, obtained from coal tar and used in chemical manufacture
- Naphthalene, a volatile white crystalline compound, produced by the distillation of coal tar, used in mothballs and as a raw material for chemical manufacture.
- Styrene, an unsaturated liquid hydrocarbon, obtained as a petroleum byproduct
- Energy saving light bulbs emits a lot of UV rays. UV rays are harmful for the skin and the eyes, and they can cause a skin cancer. In fact the radiation directly attacks the immune system and damages the skin tissues enough to prevent the proper formation of vitamin D.
In conclusion, these bulbs are so toxic that we are not supposed to put them in the regular garbage. We really hope so that someone responsible for that will ban them from the market.